Friday, July 22, 2005

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

On Friday night we had a good time going to the mall and visiting the arcade while Mommy was getting her nails done. Not a bad choice for $10, and the kids got a free game of Air Hockey out of the deal. Then we ate and it was off to the drive-in. A great place to see a movie, (also low budget, at least out here) only $16 for the 5 of us to see 2 movies (Adults $6, Children over 5 $2). What to say about this movie? Will I'll start with I didn't want to see this at all, but when you have a wife a kids that do you're kind of out numbered. So I decided I would enjoy them and as it turned out I enjoyed the movie as well. We were told this one followed the book more closely, and with some of the effects in the movie I believe it. For the most part if you saw the first movie (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) you could tell what was going to happen next, but you couldn't imagine to what extent. Johnny Depp did a great job of acting, made you think Wonka was a psycho. It had some really funny parts in it, the kids liked it and we (Tina & I) were happy with it, too. Go see it for yourself, it won't be a waste. The second movie was Fantasic 4 and being that we had seen it, we left early because Tina & I were tired.

No comments: