Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Long weekend of fun!!!


Saturday we went to a new park in West Sacramento, "Bridgeway Lakes", about 30-40 minutes from the house. That have a water park there instead of the typical swing sets and slides. The kids had a blast and we could have stayed longer, but we only brought enough food for lunch, not dinner. Check out the pics on our flickr site, we would have had more pics but the batteries went dead in our camera!
Sunday we had church and did somethings around the house, chillin out! Monday we had our Annual Church Fish Fry at our church and we got in a long game of flag football with about 10 of our church men and teens and 10 of our church young kids all mixed in. It first looked like a blow out with the red team (Anthony's team, I was on the blue) ahead 2 TDs-0, but we started to get in our grove as a team and tied it up 3-3 with me actually constructing some key drives that ended up in scores. Another teen and I were switching on and off on QB/WR. We connected for a big pass when he was QB on a one of our first drive. Red team left me uncovered and we made them pay for it! But, I didn't see any action as WR after that, they covered me for the rest of the game, plus towards the end I was QB more since I was able to get us down the field a little easier! I just spread the ball around and even ran for some yards to get away from the rush!!! We ended up losing the game 4-3, but we didn't let up with out a fight. All the guys & girls played well and no one got hurt, a couple bumps, but nothing more then that! Praise GOD for a good weekend and fellowship!!

No comments: