Thursday, August 03, 2006

Weekend of breakdowns!!!!




This past weekend we had a bunch of things breakdown! Saturday it started with our Jimmy. The boys and I were on our way down for Training in the Sacramento office and I basically lost 4th gear in the Jimmy. I figured that because the RPMs were coming up with curse control on and I had to turn that off so I would blow the engine and then I couldn't go over 50 MPH! So, I stopped at a AM/PM to get ATF and put in 3 qts. After training same thing, couldn't go over 50, and then about 1 mile from the house, after I pulled off the freeway onto Plumas Arboga, I lost 3rd gear. So, we finished our final stretch going 25 MPH. Thank you lord for letting us make it home. So the 1st photo is the new used car we got on Monday! A 2005 KIA Sedona with 3770 miles on it, almost brand new! Click on the photo to see more pics of the car!

Then Sunday we had a boat trip planned to Orville about 1-2 hours from the house! They had a lot of house boat there, a huge lake; about 6+ miles long and it's a damn as well! We didn't get that many photos of up there because Jeff's boat broke down after giving Anthony his first ride on the raft! We spent most of the time trying to fix it and keeping the kids entertained by swimming in a calm part of the lake! The pic of Jeff and Sara is when we were towing them in with Dad's boat! I got hurt around the same time as the boat braking down, because we were in a rougher part of the lake and the boats were going to bump together so I jumped in to push Jeff's away and hit a step that he has on his motor (it is there to make it easier for people to get in)! I didn't know it was there until after I hit it! So, it was a adventurous weekend and we had some fun, but it wasn't without some trials!

No comments: